The Help Desk provides support in the following areas, but not limited to:
- User accounts / password issues
- User / email account creation
- PC / printer / email issues
- File shares & permissions
- Software installation & management (Odyssey, TAAP, Microsoft, etc.)
- Hardware requests (e.g. PCs, printers, Time Clocks, etc.)
- Webmail issues
- Internet & wireless access
- Operating system and updates
- Network services
- ShoreTel telephone services
- Door Access
The Help Desk cannot provide support with the following:
- We cannot repair personal (non-county) computers
- We cannot assist with personal software
- We do not teach how to use the various software packages (Office 2003/2007/2010 Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Acrobat).
- We cannot install personal hardware or software to your workstation.
- We do not backup the data on your computer. You must do this yourself. If you need help we will be glad to show you how. We only backup what you save onto your H drive.
- While we do accept emergency work orders, we cannot drop everything and work on your work order because you forgot to plan ahead. We handle approximately 6,500 work orders per year and every order is important to someone. Please plan ahead when possible.